United States Army Warrant Officers Association
Fort Lowell - Apache Chapter
Meeting Minutes –
13 March 2006
The meeting was called to order at 1810 hours by President, CW5R Baiocchetti, with the pledge of Allegiance. The President declared a quorum was present. The meeting was held at Cattletown Restaurant.
Secretary’s Report: CW3R Michael Turner
The minutes of the 13 February meeting were read and approved by the members present.
Treasurer’s Report: CW4R Harold Lindamood
Savings Account – $25.96
Checking Account - $2,205.29
A motion was made by CW3R Ronald James to accept the Chapter’ Financial Report after audit, and seconded by CW2R John Curtis. The motion to accept the February 2006 Treasurer’s Report was approved.
President's Report: CW5R Vincent Baiocchetti
1. CW5R Dave James from the Silver Chapter called to order 4 or our Warrant Officer Awards Medals.
2. Did not send a letter to the Sr. Army Instructor at Cholla High School, but will do so this month.
3. Criteria for application for our scholarship was developed by the President and Vice President, and a website was created by CW3R Michael Turner for on-line applications for be filled out, printed and mailed to the President’s house. Deadline for application is April 1st. Awards will be presented at the school’s Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, April 26th.
4. We received $5.50 rebate from USAWOA for membership renewals.
5. A letter was received from Major Robert L. DeWitt (Retired) the Senior Army Instructor at Flowing Well High School identifying the recipients of our WOA Distinguished Cadet Award. They are: Cadet Michael McMurrich- Golf Medal; Cadet Cody Faulkner-Silver Medal; Cadel Diego Ross-Bronze Medal; and Cadet James Burkett-Copper Medal.
Vice President's Report: CW3R Ron James
All members are invited to attend the Flowing Wells High School Awards Ceremony to observe the Pass in Review and the distribution of awards presented to the cadets. Attire can be Class A or B uniform or Dress Blues, and of course civilian clothing.
1. Samples of the new Chapter shirts were brought in by CW3R Joe Gill for members to look at for sizes. Orders for the new Chapter shirts were taken and will be placed with Brewery Avenue Designs by CW3R Joe Gill.
CW3 Gary Higgins made a motion that the meeting be adjourned. The motion was seconded by CW2R Ted Cogut and passed by the members present at 1930 hours.
The next meeting of the Ft. Lowell Apache Chapter will be held 1800 hours at the MichelAngelo Restaurant on April 10, 2006.
Vincent A. Baiocchetti, Jr.
Secretary Pro Tem
Ft. Lowell-Apache Chapter, USAWOA